Yallambee incorporating Margery Cole Residential Care Service employs highly motivated and appropriately skilled staff. Successful applicants will be part of a dynamic team of dedicated and caring professionals who ensure our residents enjoy maximum independence, comfort and dignity.
Yallambee employs over one hundred and forty staff from our local community along with our Registered and Enrolled Nurses, Personal Care Workers and Lifestyle Team we have our Executive Managers, Finance & Administration, Maintenance & Gardening and Environmental Services staff.
Personal Care Workers
The Personal Care Worker is an integral member of the care team delivering personal care to our frail and aged residents. The Personal Care Worker works under the direction of the Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse and is responsible to ensure their focus is primarily on delivering the highest quality of care and customer service, within their scope of practice, for the individual resident.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Certificate III or IV Aged care / Individual Support
- Experience working in an Aged Care Facility
- Ability to deliver person centred quality personal care
- Ability to manage conflicting demands
- Demonstrated organisation skills
- Knowledge of Aged Care Accreditation and Aged Care Standards
Key Performance Areas include:
- Ensures the highest standards of practice
- Compliance with the Aged Care Standards, Yallambee’s Policies and Procedures and Yallambee’s Vision, Mission and Values Policy.
- Delivery of personal care in accordance with assessed need, within their scope of practice and as directed by the Registered Nurse and Enrolled Nurse
- Maintains and enhances resident’s health and well-being, capabilities, independence, choice, privacy, dignity and safety
- Ensures a safe working and living environment
- Care delivery is cost effective
- Highest standard of documentation including, charting, progress notes, schedules, duty lists and ACFI charting
- Incident identification, reporting and documentation
- Communicating professionally and appropriately to residents, families and referring questions and concerns to the Registered Nurse or Enrolled nurse
- Participation in auditing and continuous quality improvement activities
- Area Warden / Monitor responsibilities
- Administrative Duties
Cover letter and resume to be submitted:
- Via email to email@example.com
- In paper addressed to Carly Gilbert Human Resources Officer Yallambee Traralgon Village for the Aged Inc. PO Box 1659, Traralgon Vic 3844
If you have any questions about this role or would like a full position description, please contact Human Resources Officer Carly Gilbert via the email address above or by calling (03) 5132 3500 during business hours.
All roles are subject to successful completion of a National Police Check and any further requirements specific to the role.