In response to the COVID-19 pandemic the Commonwealth, state and territory governments have put in place new restrictions to protect older Australians living in residential aged care facilities.
The following people will not be permitted entry to residential aged care facilities:
- People who have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- People who have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- People with fever or symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath)
- People who do not have an up-to-date (i.e. 2020) influenza vaccination
- Children aged 16 years and under (exemptions can be assessed on a caseby-case basis, for example, where the resident is in palliative care).
If you don’t absolutely have to visit, please don’t. It’s best to keep in touch via phone and video calls, send postcards, photos or artwork, or film short videos to share.