This page was last updated 24/11/21 as per family correspondence sent.
Latest Update on Visiting
Dear Residents, representatives, and staff,
It is so pleasing for our community to see the reduced number of active cases in our Local Government Area reducing from 400+ to less than 70 over the last 10 days. Yallambee will move out of Tier 3 and further ease
restrictions our restrictions and remain in-line with the Care Facilities Directions No.50.
Requirements for visits
- Up to 5 visitors (which includes dependants) at any one time per resident.
- There is a limit of up to 5 visitors per resident per day.
- There is no daily limit on the number of visitors for end-of-life care visits. End of life means where a resident’s death is expected within 28 days or less.
- Where visitors (aged 12 and above) are not fully vaccinated, a Rapid Antigen Test needs to be undertaken before entry to Margery Cole. The visits will occur either outdoors or in the resident’s own room(s), they are
- not to occur in common areas.
- All visitors are required to make a written declaration before entry to the facility. These declarations can be made by any means the facility provides for (including via an app), providing it is in writing.
Visitors are not allowed to enter if they:
- have symptoms of COVID-19
- have had a COVID-19 test because they have symptoms or have attended an exposure site and are waiting for the result
- are required to isolate or quarantine
- have had contact with a COVID positive person in the past 14 days
- have arrived in Australia from overseas within the past 14 days
Bookings for visits can now be made online via zipline, non-vaccinated visitors must book via phoning reception on 51323500 and they will be booked into the available RAT slot times.
Visitor bookings can be made between 9am and 5pm, seven days a week. Visitors wishing to visit outside of those hours need to contact reception and alternative arrangements can be made.
Non vaccinated visitors over 12 years of age.
- Will be rapid antigen tested
- Visits must be made via phone to ensure staff availability for RAT
- Visitors will be escorted to the resident’s room and visits must occur within room or outdoors.
- Visitors must not visit other residents or enter communal areas
- Visitors will not have access to the café